FAST TECHNOLOGIES HELP BRING NEW GAS UPGRADING AND LIQUEFACTION TECHNOLOGY TO THE MARKET
FAST and EREIE are pleased to promote their new CRYO-PUR® Technology, the Most Efficient Solution for Biogas Upgrading and Biomethane Liquefaction
CRYO-PUR® is a breakthrough innovation that uses state-of-the-art cryogenic technology to enable efficient biogas upgrading with zero methane loss and zero emission of greenhouse gases, plus the liquefaction of biomethane for use on small-scale projects – an unprecedented function for a biogas upgrading unit.
The physical separation of biogas using CRYO-PUR® generates 2 products:
Biomethane to a specification ready for gas-grid injection or for use as Bio-LNG (biomethane fuel).
CO2 at a level of purity higher than 99.9% (food-grade), allowing industrial use.
CRYO-PUR®, creates new possibilities for the exploitation of biogas throughout France, Europe and the world, paving the way for the production of fuel from waste products.
- Competitive investment and operating costs from 100 Nm3/h of biogas.
- Possibility of revalorizing CO2 for industrial purposes.
- Secure, highly resistant refrigeration systems.
- Zero biomethane loss during upgrading.
- Heat recovery from refrigeration system for digester heating.
- Concentration of CO2 in biomethane < 2.5%.
- of H2S and H2O< 1 ppm.
- Zero waste production in CO2 capture process.
- Zero emission of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.
CRYO-PUR® technology is designed to adapt to biogas outputs of 100 to 20,000 Nm3/h. Domains to which CRYO-PUR® systems can be applied include:
- Water treatment plants
- Non-hazardous landfill sites
- Agricultural and territorial methanization projects
- Gas grid liquefaction
The upgrading and liquefaction process happens in 5 stages, each of which corresponds to a sub-system of CRYO-PUR® :
Step 1- ss230 cooling and prewash: separation of H2S using a cold soda solution.
Steps 2/3- ss240 and ss250 cleaning and dehumidifying: frosting and defrosting of water, H2S residue, siloxanes and covs in two successive refrigeration units.
Step 4- ss300 decarbonation: refrigeration integrated cascade captures CO2 through frosting and defrosting.
Step 5- ss400 liquefaction: biomethane compression and cryogegnic liquefactions by refrigeration integrated cascade.