FAST is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to support their Engineering Team.
FAST is an advanced manufacturing company, specialising in bespoke machine build, automation, robotics, and software solutions for companies globally.
With 25 years’ experience in industrial automation, FAST provides best in class automation solutions with a proven track record in the application of automation across all sectors and industries. We develop bespoke technical solutions for a global client base, focusing on state-of-the-art automation technologies that are developed and can be deployed into manufacturing facilities with immediate effect.
We partner with industry leaders across the world and can provide a comprehensive portfolio comprising individual robots and robotic cells for automated production steps, all the way to large-scale customised systems.
We help our customers automate so they can focus on their core business.
What does this role contribute to the Company?
The successfully appointed candidate will play a key role in managing the process of transitioning new projects through the manufacturing phases. Working closely with engineering specialists, the automation team, and the mechanical build team they will define the plan and execute the transition of new projects from design through to final sign off and customer approval.
Reporting to: Operations Director/Engineering Director
Working with: Engineering Team
What we will ask of you:
- Develop, facilitate, and drive the planned design and build of new machines, production lines and robotic cells to meet project timelines and customer expectations.
- Apply project management tools and team collaboration techniques appropriately to effectively manage the project through the lifecycle to successful delivery, delivering the outcomes as per the agreed project definition.
- Actively manage senior stakeholders throughout the project to ensure they are kept informed of progress and that inputs from their areas remain on track.
- Identify risks and issues against the plan and escalate appropriately.
- Collaborate effectively across all teams to manage expectations and ensure delivery remains on track.
- Work autonomously with support from the Automation Team Manager and other department leads as required.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years’ experience managing complex projects and implementation.
- Ability to orchestrate and prioritize multiple activities at once to accomplish goals.
- Proven experience of customer focus.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and technical writing skills.
- Experience of Project Management tools (MS Project or equivalent)
The following skills will be valuable but are not essential:
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree.
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing qualifications
- Project Management Qualifications
What will we do for you?
In return we offer you the opportunity to work in a progressive innovative organisation, with ongoing rapid business growth, with opportunities for development. Our client base includes some of the world’s most successful technology-based companies and world leaders in manufacturing. You will have autonomy to manage your own workload, with a friendly and supportive team to work with.
Upload your CV today