FAST is an advanced manufacturing company, specialising in bespoke machine build, automation, robotics, and software solutions for companies globally.
With 25 years’ experience in industrial automation, FAST provides best in class automation solutions with a proven track record in the application of automation across all sectors and industries. We develop bespoke technical solutions for a global client base, focusing on state-of-the-art automation technologies that are developed and can be deployed into manufacturing facilities with immediate effect.
We partner with industry leaders across the world and can provide a comprehensive portfolio comprising individual robots and robotic cells for automated production steps, all the way to large-scale customised systems.
We help our customers automate so they can focus on their core business.
What does this role contribute to the Company?
The successfully appointed candidate will play a key role within the business. As Production Manager you will be responsible for daily planning, directing, and managing of the production team to ensure operational activities are aligned with production planning. An important element of the role is to build effective, positive relationships with staff, other relevant departments, and suppliers with regards to fulfilling customer requirements.
What we will ask of you:
- To liaise between production staff and management to ensure smooth running of production department.
- Create and execute project work plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Work alongside the Operations Director to identify resources needed to deliver production KPI’s.
- Working with the wider production team to plan, manage daily work schedules and deliver a high level of productivity.
- Build effective internal relationships to ensure production schedules are correct, understood and fulfilled.
- Lead the departmental business improvement plans.
- Have responsibility of departmental costs and material costs including budgetary control.
- Minimize exposure and risks on projects.
- Ensuring compliance and H&S/quality standards are adhered within production.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a middle management or similar role
- Experience in a similar manufacturing setting with a proven track record of meeting strict deadlines in a pressurised environment, incorporating strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Able to use computer systems designed to support production including proficiency in Microsoft packages.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-moving environment.
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with team, managers, and directors.
- Experienced in lean manufacturing techniques and their implementation to create a continuous improvement culture.
- Knowledge of using Project Management system.
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Production Manager in Electrical or Engineering Discipline
What will we do for you?
In return we offer you the opportunity to work in a progressive innovative organisation, with ongoing rapid business growth, with opportunities for development. Our client base includes some of the world’s most successful technology-based companies and world leaders in manufacturing. You will have autonomy to manage your own workload, with a friendly and supportive team to work with.
Upload your CV today