FAST is currently seeking a Higher Level Apprenticeship to support their Electrical Engineering Team.
FAST is an advanced manufacturing company, specialising in bespoke machine build, automation, robotics, and software solutions for companies globally.
With 25 years’ experience in industrial automation, FAST provides best in class automation solutions with a proven track record in the application of automation across all sectors and industries. We develop bespoke technical solutions for a global client base, focusing on state-of-the-art automation technologies that are developed and can be deployed into manufacturing facilities with immediate effect.
We partner with industry leaders across the world and can provide a comprehensive portfolio comprising individual robots and robotic cells for automated production steps, all the way to large-scale customised systems.
We help our customers automate so they can focus on their core business.
What does this role contribute to the Company?
This is an outstanding prospect for individuals interested in starting their career within the Electrical Engineering or Industrial Automation industry.
Ideal applicants will have a strong interest in electrical engineering. The ability to communicate internally on issues identified from field observations and customer feedback.
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
Working with: Electrical Engineering Team
What we will ask of you:
- Work on a number of electrical projects including Electrical control panel build and test, robotic systems and other electrical controls projects.
- Ensure quality control and health and safety requirements are always met.
- Alongside your day-to-day job role, you will study towards your Level 5 Higher Level Apprenticeship in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering which will be delivered by Northwest Regional College.
- Someone who is keen to learn, ask questions and wants to be involved – bright and inquisitive with a hunger for learning.
- A keen interest in engineering and advanced manufacturing.
- Good problem solver
- Computer literate and know the basics on Microsoft Office
- Confident and articulate.
- Wanting to become an engineering in a world leading industry.
- 56 UCAS Points
- In the process of completing 3 A-Levels and/or B’Tec Level 3 in Engineering
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English, Maths, and Engineering
- Ideally have a driving licence, if not you will need to have one by the end of the apprenticeship.
What will we do for you?
In return we offer you the opportunity to work in a progressive innovative organisation, with ongoing rapid business growth, with opportunities for development. Our client base includes some of the world’s most successful technology-based companies and world leaders in manufacturing. You will have autonomy to manage your own workload, with a friendly and supportive team to work with.
Upload your CV today