About FAST Technologies
FAST Technologies aims to be the preferred provider of turnkey custom manufacturing solutions to our clients. We focus on providing solutions in the following areas:
- Automation and Machine Design
- DC Systems
- Precision Engineering
- Chemical Delivery & Wet Process
- Manufacturing & Software Solutions
- Renewables & Energy
FAST Technologies is a progressive innovative organisation, with ongoing rapid business growth.
Our client base includes some of the world’s most successful technology based companies and world leaders in manufacturing.
FAST Technologies is now seeking to recruit a Design Engineer (CAD) for their production facility in Derry~Londonderry:
Contract Type: Full-time/Permanent
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Salary: Negotiable and depending on experience
As Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design of projects from the initial idea stage right through the development stage to completion of a fully functioning product on site.
We are looking for candidates with a true passion for creating automation machine design solutions.
- Meet with clients to assess the needs of projects and generate ideas ensuring all of the client’s needs are met.
- Produce designs and solutions that meet customer expectations and produce 3D images of the projects.
- Complete the design of the projects addressing any design issues throughout development and implementation.
- Liaise with clients, your manager and other departments throughout the completion of each project.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously ensuring each is developed within the agreed budget and time frame.
- A primary degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a design role within the automation or manufacturing sectors.
- Competent user of 3D Solid Modelling CAD, in Pro-Engineer and/or SolidWorks and AutoCAD and the ability to produce detailed 2D production drawings.
- A sound understanding of both mechanical and electrical principles during design process.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with experience of dealing with customers on a face-to-face basis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and other tools (MS Visio, MS Project).
- Strong organisational and team working skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Experience of electro-mechanical design and with motion or robotic systems.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in working with all parts of the product development life cycle.
- They will be able to communicate with other areas on issues identified from field observations and customer feedback.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria, your current salary and when you would be available to commence employment, along with your CV to [email protected] or via post to The Recruitment Department, HR Team, The Innovation Centre, Northern Ireland Science Park, Bay Road, Derry~Londonderry BT48 7TG; before Friday 23rd February 2018 at 5.00pm.
FAST Technologies is an Equal Opportunities Employer.