FAST is currently seeking an experienced Business Development Executive to support their Automation Division.
FAST is an advanced manufacturing company, specialising in bespoke machine build, automation, robotics, and software solutions for companies globally.
With 25 years’ experience in industrial automation, FAST provides best in class automation solutions with a proven track record in the application of automation across all sectors and industries. We develop bespoke technical solutions for a global client base, focusing on state-of-the-art automation technologies that are developed and can be deployed into manufacturing facilities with immediate effect.
We partner with industry leaders across the world and can provide a comprehensive portfolio comprising individual robots and robotic cells for automated production steps, all the way to large-scale customised systems.
We help our customers automate so they can focus on their core business.
What does this role contribute to the Company?
We are an Irish based company looking for a Business Development Manager located in the UK to cover M6 Birmingham to Manchester corridor before branching out to other customers across the mainland.
The successful applicant will report into the Commercial and Technical Director and be initially responsible for activities across existing and new accounts.
The opportunity for regional and global travel and the chance to be part of an industry leader and premium brand with a direct to market approach. Initially focusing on growing regional business in the UK and Ireland you will be part of the larger FAST Group team which offers the successful candidates unlimited opportunities to progress.
Reporting to: Commercial and Technical Director
Working with: FAST Team and Customers
What we will ask of you:
- Achieve revenue targets and business objectives within the region.
- Build customer relationships, rapport, and trust to effectively manage the full sales cycle including the negotiations on major projects.
- Coordinate and follow-up on existing leads and generate new leads in an effective and structured manner.
- Be familiar with direct to end user selling and capable of building a pipeline efficiently.
- Effectively manage long consultative selling cycles for capital equipment as well as fulfilling shorter term customer requirements.
- Identification, profiling, analysis, and implementation of new business opportunities in the nominated market.
- Develop and adapt proposals to meet our client needs.
What we are looking for:
- Candidates must have proven experience in a Business Development role ideally having worked in or with knowledge or factory automation and robotics.
- You must be self-motivated with a track record or exceeding business targets.
- Previous experience of establishing and maintaining successful customer partnerships
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Valid Passport for travelling
What will we do for you?
This role offers the opportunity to work for an industry leader selling a premium product. With commission and the opportunity to advance your career globally this will suit someone who is serious about progressing their career on a global platform.
Our client base includes some of the world’s most successful technology-based companies and world leaders in manufacturing. You will have autonomy to manage your own workload, with a friendly and supportive team to work with.
Upload your CV today